Monday, November 05, 2007

Hello Moto


The plan today (November 1) was to go to the farm, Barangay Balanti in the morning. The agenda was to check out the Eucalyptus and Jatropha trees. My cousin John D provided the transpo which was a choice between a 4 wheel drive vehicle or a 2 wheel motocross wonder. We chose the latter.

The last time I rode a motorcycle was in Boracay in 2002. Since it's been a while since I last rode one, I actually was not very confident and at the same time excited to ride again. To further drill down the choices, it was a toss up between a 200cc real moto cross bike and a psuedo moto-x 125cc bike wt auto tranny. The fake off roader was perfect for a novice like me.

While we rode motorbikes, the trail we used was for mountain bikes. T'is the trail I use everytime I visit the farm riding my human powered machine. The biggest challenge was fording the 2 feet deep river whch was over 50 meters wide. On a mt. bike, it was as simple as carrying the 27 lbs. Steel structure but on a motorbike, you have to push the 200 lbs. ride. That was the most uninteresting part of the ride.

In all, it was 26 kilometers and 3 hours of fun, adventure, kwentuhan and a good work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment