Sunday, July 04, 2010

Sakurabashi Superman


At around 7 o’clock in the evening in the busy JR Osaka train station, an “undressed” Superman wearing a black suit approach me and asked “Do you want to go?” I wasn’t really sure what he meant: (a) Did he have the hots for me? Or (b) Was he asking me to leave? I reckon that since I was holding a map, he meant that he wants to help me get to my destination.

Sakurabashi Exit
We just came from Universal Studios Japan on day 2 of our Japan trip and on our way back, I was trying to figure out our exit point since this will be “our point b” for the next 3 days of our lives. Point B a.k.a Sakurabashi exit is a few steps away from the Righa Royal Bus Stop. In economic terms, this means savings of Y1500 per trip of taxi from JR Osaka Station to the hotel.

Helpful Tribe
During the trip, we came to realize that being helpful is a trait common to Japanese. That was not the only time we were approached and offered help. The biggest challenge is the language barrier as a tourist need to communicate their objective to mostly non-English speaking Japanese.

In parting ways, I could only say Thank you as Arigatou gozaimasu slipped my mind during that brief encounter with the Sakurabashi Superman.

No comments:

Post a Comment