Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My Daughter's First School Day


My daughter who turned 3 years old last January is now officially a school girl. In her lingo, she’s a “stool dirl.” She's attending toddler school at a pre-school about a block from where we live. She's enrolled as a senior toddler and goes to school 3 times a week. Indeed time flies and our peso flies with it (devaluates).

I remember my parents telling me that my first day in school was a bit of a challenge for them because I didn't want them off my sight. Things are a bit different with my daughter because she cheerfully played with her new classmates who are mostly foreigners, probably children of expats and proudly displayed her new Disney backpack to her teacher and didn't stop until they acknowledged it. We slowly slipped off her sight and she didn’t notice a bit. And she calls her teacher “my boss.” It’s a bit too early preparing for the corporate world.

When I was in college more than a decade ago, my semester tuition fee was less than P10,000 and since the university was a tri sem, my annual tuition fee was P30,000. Well, my tuition fee is just a third of my 3 year old daughter’s annual tuition fee. Sheesh! And she’ll be in college in 13 years time so how much would the annual tuition fee be P1 million?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment