Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Complete Photography Book


“Whatever your experience has been, you can use this book as a source of information and also as a springboard for your imagination. Treat it as invitation to open your eyes, to think laterally, to bend the rules, to experiment, improvise and customize. View the camera as a tool which can shoot wonderful pictures. But it is the eye – the ability to see a good picture – that will make you a good photographer. " from Michael Joseph and Dave Saunders

I recently got hold of a very comprehensive photography book from my brother-in-law. I learned that the owner of the book is my father-in-law. The book is copyrighted 1993 and it is always mentioned in the book that digital cameras have a few more years to mature. Digital cams have arrived and conquered the photo world. The paradigm has shifted since the book was launched and it’s just a matter of time before film cams become extinct. In under a decade’s time, film cams would be relegated to museum artifacts.


My father-in-law is a camera buff. He’s also into farming, likes traveling, a gun and car enthusiast, used to devour piles of books. These are the things we have in common. It’s just too bad that he’s indisposed right now and I’m hoping and praying that he recovers soon. It’s no wonder that his obra maestra inside their house are of fine quality. I learned from my wife that he has an armament of photography devices, Nikon at that. Too bad he’s not exposed to the internet as I would have shared my precious shots to him. I’ll probably print a couple of pictures then share it with him so he can marvel at my shots or critic then if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment