Sunday, July 20, 2008

Budget Four Wheel Drive


We are based in Central Business District, Makati City. Sounds cool, huh? Well, not entirely true! For a simple provincial lad like me, the magnet of a cosmopolitan city is not that strong. I'm only here for thefinancial benefits, the future of my children and preparation for retirement.


As soon as I retire from the hustle and bustle of the corporate world, the first thing I'm going to do is get myself a four wheel drive vehicle. ATV? UV (pick up)? SUV? The acronym doesn't matter as long as all four wheels engage on demand.


If retirement were today, budget would be in the range of P150,000 to P200,000. For that budget, candidates would be early 90s Suzuki Samurai SJ10 or early 90s Mitsubishi Pajero 1st gen. It's just a utility vehicle, just needs to get the job done, no flares, no fanfare. My ideal set up includes- clean (red) paint, stock all terrain tires, decent sound system, cool air conditioning and well maintained.


And where will I use it? The most logical answer would be an agricultural farm. The family currently has agri farms in Tarlac City and Bamban, Tarlac. I also dream of purchasing my own farm in Tarlac. It should be an integrated farm with a lake or a pond, rice pods, corn field, some eggplants and tomato and lots of trees, preferrably mango so they would be income earning.


So when is retirement? It's 20 years from now when our children have graduated from college and should be working by that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment