Sunday, July 20, 2008

Our Ayala Museum Adventure


July 19, 2008 - The plan this weekend was to see the National Museum in Manila. It was not meant to be as we learned that the museum is undergoing renovation. The back up plan was to go to Ayala Museum which was just 5 minutes from our place. Funny, we've been living in Makati for the past 4 years but we haven't seen the "new" museum. One of the perks of being a Makati resident is a big discount in museum entrances. We only had to pay P150 for adults and P75 for children. Museums in the Phils are relatively cheap as museums abroad cost in the neighborhood of P500 to P1000.

T'was my second time to see Ayala Museum. The last time was over 2 decades ago during a school field trip in my elementary days. While the building is new, the location and the concept are the same. It's located at the corner of Dela Rosa St. and Makati Ave. The concept - dioramas depicting the history of the Philippines, miniature galleons and paintings from famous Filipinos.

The difference lies withe the company - my wife, my 10 year old son and my 4 year old daughter. My wife was amazed, it was learning filled for my son and my daughter saw it as space freedom (compared to our 65 sq.m. condo). In all, it was mega bonding time for the four of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment