Saturday, August 08, 2009

My Fourth MTB Ride


Trek 8900 HT
Originally uploaded by dylac
I got my 2008 Trek 8900 Cross Country Hard Tail mountain bike last December. You can call it a Christmas gift for myself. I sold my old 2003 Giant NRS Cross Country Dual Suspension frame for P10K then got the new frame for P15K. I'd say it was a win-win deal as I needed an upgrade but didn't want to shell out much for the difference.

Here's the inventory of my bike set up:

FRAME: Trek 8900 XC HT (2008 ver)
FRONT SHOCKS: Manitou Black Platinum (all options)
BARS: Titec HellBent
STEM: Titec Big Al
GRIP: RaceFace Lock on Grips
BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano Deore XT
BRAKES: Avid CPS
CABLES: Avid Flak Jacket
SHIFTERS: Shimano Deore XT
REAR DER: Shimano Deore XT
FRONT DER: Shimano Deore
CRANKSET: Shimano Deore XT
CASSETTE: SRAM 7.0
CHAIN: Shimano Hyper Glide
PEDALS: Shimano M540
SADDLE: WTB Rocket V Race
SEAT POST: Titec X-Wing Pro
CLAMP: TREK (generic)
HUBS: Shimano Deore XT
SPOKES: Black Stainless Steel (generic)
RIMS: Mavic 223 XC
TIRES: Hutchinson Python

To supplement my ride, here's an inventory of my gear:
JERSEYS: Fox, Primal Wear, Anatomic
GLOVES: SixSixOne, Fox
SHOES: SixSixOne, Shimano (ex)
HYDRATION PACK: CamelBak Lobo
SOCKS: SixSixOne, Primal Wear, CoolMax

After de-stressing myself and typing all of these down, the BIG QUESTION is when can I find time to ride it again?!?!