Sunday, November 08, 2009

Cat has 9, I have 1


Everyday is a blessing! Each time I wake up in the morning, I thank God for letting me live another wonderful day. I intend to do this until I breathe my last breath. There are not-so-good days but I sleep at night praying that the next day will be different. Attitude really matters.

This year marks my 5th year for surviving a “holocaust” of life threatening experiences. Last July officially marked my being part of the elite 95% survival rate club. I’d rather not elaborate and leave that part in mystery but will elaborate on this entry my second brush with the grim reaper.

It was a cloudy day in September 2004 when my officemates whom I consider friends Andy and Roland where on the way to Pinamalayan, Oriental Mindoro. While cruising around 60 kph on a slippery road of Victoria town in Oriental Mindoro, the white Toyota Hilux Pick up truck owned by the company skid, made a quarter turn, hit a tree before going back to the upright position. The three of us survived the accident thanks to THE TREE. If not for the sturdiness of the tree, we would have gone through the house near it. We got out of the wreck with some bruises and body pain.

After the smoke cleared and everybody checked in to be alright, I called my father and asked if he was OK. He said he was so I told him that since he and mother were alright, that we’ve met a car accident in Victoria, Or. Mindoro but we were alright. It was a room full of alrights!

Alright so this wraps up my blog entry. Have a great day ahead to everyone. Smile – it helps!

DYK that AYT in email and text lingo means ALRIGHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment