Friday, February 04, 2011

CHILD'S PLAY

The children schooling their parents.

1- Don't spoil me. I know quite well that I ought not to have all that I ask for. I'm only testing you.

2- Don't be afraid to be firm with me. I prefer it, it makes me feel more secure.

3- Don't let me form bad habits. I have to rely on you to detect them in the early stages.

4- Don't make me feel smaller than I am. It makes me behave stupidly "big."

5- Don't correct me in front of people if you can help it. I'll take much more notice of it if you talk quietly with me in private.

6- Don't make me feel my mistakes are sins. It upsets my sense of values.

7- Don't protect me from consequences. I need to learn the painful way, sometimes.

8- Don't take too much notice of my small ailments. Sometimes they get me the attention I need.

9- Don't nag. If you do, I shall have to protect myself by appearing deaf.

10- Don't make rash promises. Remember that I feel badly let down when promises are broken.

11- Don't tax my honesty too much. I am easily frightened into telling lies.

12- Don't put me off when I ask questions. If you do, you will find that I stop asking and seek my information elsewhere.

13- Don't ever think that it is beneath your dignity to apologize to me. An honest apology makes me feel surprisingly warm toward you.

14- Don't forget how quickly I am growing up. It must be very difficult to keep pace with me. But please do try.

15- Don't forget that I can't thrive without lots of understanding and love, but I don't need to tell you, do I?

No comments:

Post a Comment