Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hands, Connecting People


Five ways to look at hands.

(1)Mama Tamay. Mother used to tell me that I would ask her to hold my hand before I sleep. That was when I was around 1 or 2 years old. Her hand was my security blanket and couldn't sleep if I was not holding it. No wonder it made me feel secure after she held my hand in January last year when I went under the knife.

(2) HHWW with JML. HHWW means Holding Hands While Walking. I love seeing elderly couple in the mall walking with hands meshed. It's a physical manifestation of til death do us part commitment. And it's a commitment I intend to keep.

(3) Diminishing act by B5. One weekend last year, B5 was holding my hand while we were strolling in the mall when all of a sudden, he let go of my hand. Lo and behold, a classmate of his appears. That moment was bound to happen. I've surrendered to the fact that I've lost that part of my son to teendom.

(4) Lovely's warmth. B5 used to call her sister- Senador Lovely. On occassions when I bring MC to school, she would sometimes sit in the front seat and we would hold hands from our place to the school. I know it might sound like safety is sacrificed but I just had to trade it of with that precious moment.

(5) Bye Papa. And the moment I've been dreading all my life happened, the death of someone very dear to me. The only consolation from the immense pain is that we (mama, my sister and myself) held my father's hand until he breath his last breathe. I thought that only happened in movies. I thank God for that very special moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment