Friday, March 25, 2011

My Last Day of the Year Escapade


Y2010 was one for my personal history book. To sum up the year: I have a new assignment at work (my 7th), I went under the knife at the start of the year, my son graduated from elementary with honors, my daughter graduated from pre-school with honors, our annual family trip with Mama brought us to tourist sites in Central Luzon, my family trip was in Japan and almost 2 week vacation during the Christmas holiday.

To cap off the fruitful year, so how did I spend Dec 31, 2010. It was a fusion of my three loves- mountain biking, photography and basketball. These three activities actually serve as my de-stresser so you can only imagine how relaxed I was that day.

Mountain Biking
The scheduled exercise for that day was mtb over basketball and jogging. What was undecided was the trail to use- Armenia, Balanti or San Luis. The decision was made when I reached the 'intersection,' north if Armenia, South if San Luis and east if Balanti. I chose my comfy zone and went to Balanti. While the total distance travelled was around 30 kilometers, since I was on a leisure pace, I completed the trail in 5 hours. I left point a at 7AM and back to point a by 12NN.

Photography + Video
Leisure pace meant stopping every 30 minutes and fired away. I must have taken more than 50 shots that day and some video that I uploaded in youtube. The highlight for that ride is the video of a river forming right before my eyes which I captured on video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH7K8N5SnvA). Majority of the pics were taken in Brgy. Balanti (renamed Brgy. Col. Pedro Soliman, my maternal grandpa) where I have fond memories.

Loved Ones (Bonus)
While on my way back, I decided to visit my father, paternal and maternal grandparent at the Garden of the Ascension. While there, I got an IDD call from my father’s best buddy, his older brother Pong.

Basketball
The last stop for the day was to watch game 1 of our batch's basketball championship match against '97. The tournament was called Maclang Cup which was a basketball tournament for DB Tarlac alumni. Obviously, I wasn't going to play because I was suited up for cycling that day. It is extremely challenging playing bball with steel sole reinforced cycling shoes. While trading stories with my former classmates was a winner, we lost game one that day.

December 31 is an example of a rare feat called hitting THREE BIRDS with one stone. And throwing in as a bonus a visit to our loved ones who has gone ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment