Monday, June 15, 2020

The NEW NORMAL


Today marks my first blog post in in 6 years. That I've been busy in the dormancy period is an understatement. Writing is one of the things that I like doing and a skill that I would say I am a scale above average. 

Today also marks almost 100 days (93 days to me more precise) in Enhanced / General Community Quarantine and 24 weeks since the COVID-19 virus was first reported in Wuhan, China. They say that a global pandemic in this scale happens once in a century. The last was in Y1918 during the Spanish flu that infected 500 million people (1/3 of the world's population that time), killed  17M to 50M (source: wikipedia) and lasted for 15 months.

The fact is, we are no longer going back to our normal lives even if the vaccine is already available. The faster we wrap our heads to that thought and make the necessary adjustment will be beneficial for all of us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment