Monday, July 17, 2006

USA Trip Day 0 / April 19, 2006

My journey to the US started on April 19, 2006 when I was interviewed at the US Embassy in Manila. While I was really, really hoping to get a US visa, I was praying that He'll lead me to the right path. If I get a visa, I’d be grateful. Else, I’ll patiently wait for my time.

Here are some tips on getting a US visa which proved effective for me:
1. The US Embassy in Manila probably receives 500 applicants a day and my guess is that only 10% is granted a visa.
2. Arrive at least 15 minutes before your appointment time.
3. Read as much information as you can. It's pretty much like applying a job.
4. Stick to authentic records. Thou shall not falsify.
5. Wear comfortable clothes. No need to wear all the jewelries from your heirloom.
6. Follow the steps to the letter.
7. Internalize all possible questions and have a ready reply to them.
8. Answer questions direct to the point. Don't beat around the bush.
9. Avoid suggesting information that is not relevant or not asked by the officer.
10. Be pleasant. Say Good morning/afternoon and Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment