Wednesday, July 26, 2006

USA Trip Day 3, May 13, 2006 Saturday


Tita Jing & Tita Tessie brought me to the Glass Chapel also known as Wayfarers Chapel located on the shore of the Palos Verdes Peninsula offering a breathtaking view of the Pacific Ocean. The first time this chapel was introduced to me was through a picture about 20 years ago when my mother visited the chapel.

Our next stop was at Saks Fifth Avenue to buy the love of my life a Coach shoulder bag. In this part of the globe, it’s called ‘purse.’ I know I said I was on a tight budget but this is an exception. And the items that I got for my kids are also exceptions.

In the afternoon, my two Titas and I went to the J. Paul Getty Museum in LA. T’was very nice! Their garden is picturesque. It’s a haven for museum buffs like me. But I don’t think the children will find the place interesting. The Getty Museum is so big! It has a cluster of at least 6 buildings. And they even have their own tram (a train system).

Dinner was at a buffet all-you-can-eat in Torrance. I stayed at Tita Jing’s place in Torrance. Tita Jing is one of my godmothers and I have not seen her in at least 20 years. I used to write her often when I was in my teens. After almost a 15 year respite, I will resume writing to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment