Monday, July 17, 2006

USA Trip Day 1 / May 11, 2006 Thursday


I left our place in Makati around 5PM. My PAL flight was at 1030PM…being excited is an understatement. I didn’t mind waiting. I also didn’t mind the 12 hour non stop flight. During sleep breaks, I watched Narnia & KingKong on the inflight movie. My seatmates were Kapampangan and was tempted to talk to them but I wanted my rest so I was on “silent mode” the whole time.

I reached LAX around 8PM. It took me almost 2 hours to get out of the airport because of the luggage release delay. The travel tips from my parents, relatives, friends the travel agent helped a lot. The US immigration officer asked a lot of questions but I believe I was able to give the right answers reason why he allowed me to enter their country. Also, they did not bother to open my luggage despite declaring food - baked products. I was fetched at the airport by my Titas Ita & Tessie. I stayed at Tita Ita’s house in Palos Verdes, CA. I slept around 3AM since my body clock was still adjusting. Besides, I slept majority of the 12 hour flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment