Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Boracay Bound


Just got back from Boracay with my officemates. This my 7th visit & the 6th straight year that I've been to the place. The trip is mostly work related but not actually doing work. Sounds strange, huh? This year, I took tons of pix just to practice my skill. The posted pix is the best shot for me. Allow me to share my Love - Hate analysis of the island located on southern part of the Philippines.

LOVE:
• Going to Boracay via Caticlan airport
• Boracay Regency Hotel - nice family rooms beside the pool, good food, within walking range from most frequented areas.
• Mountain biking on the beach
• Admiring the beauties of nature
• Powdery white sand
• Snorkeling
• Fact that everybody feels like they are sexy when they are in Boracay

HATE:
• Going to Boracay via Kalibo airport
• Foreigners with teenage partners
• Lousy mountain bikes
• Makukulit na hawkers
• Exorbitant prices of regular products
• Merchants abusive to tourists
• Fact that everybody feels like they are sexy when they are in Boracay

To borrow my college friend Johnny G’s line, it’s not actually the place that makes the place memorable but the people you’re with.

No comments:

Post a Comment