Monday, October 30, 2006

What do I want to be when I grow up?


Okay, so this question hounded you when you were still studying. We used to write tons of essays about it and I recall writing different responses. When I was in elementary, I wanted to be a boxer. Yes, a boxer ala Manny Pacquiao. So this skinny guy wants to be a boxer, you say?!?! The closest I got to this ambition was a boxing session at Red Corner abt 3 years ago. I wasn’t up to it and the feeling was mutual.

Then I wanted to be an air force pilot. During my time, every kid wanted to be a pilot. I read in the dailies recently that air force pilots are moving to commercial airlines for economic reasons so I guess I made the right choice of not joining the military.

In high school, I wrote in my yearbook that I wanted to be a rally car driver. I still want to be one but more as a hobby or a sport but definitely not a full time career. It’s an expensive sport so I have to earn big time to finance my caprichos. This will happen in time.

At 34 years old, I’m considered a grown up by 65% of the population. I never imagined I’d work for a telecom firm as one of the operations managers. There’s this adage that says “Find a job that you enjoy doing and you’ll never work a day in your life.” At this point in my career, I completely enjoy what I’m doing so it seems like I found what I want to be when I grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment