Friday, November 03, 2006

Hangover: Lines I will never forget when I was on vacation



Five months after my US vacation, I must admit I still have a hangover. I'd like to share with you the lines I will never forget:

“Wow! Are those Oakleys? They are expensive. Those are pretty cool!!!” – from a T-Mobile representative in New York City while I was purchasing airtime load (Actually, I got mine on sale in Pinas)

“You’re in New York, son. They don’t give free refills in this part of town.” – from a Russian sounding waitress at a New York Diner after I asked for a Coke refill

“Jeffrey’s toy store is just around the corner. It’s the only toy store in the whole of San Francisco.” – from a 60-ish information guy at Nordstrom San Francisco

“I don’t mean no trouble, just give me a dollar.” – from a 6’10” black guy in a New York subway who can pass off as an NBA center

“You are in Manhattan! Where do you want to go?” – from a white guy who’s sexual preference doesn’t match mine while I was asking for directions

“Excuse me? Do you know where the Brooklyn bridge is? – from an Italian sounding tourist in New York who was asking me for directions

“You mean you walked from the Empire State to Central Park? That’s a long walk!” - from a seemingly busy yuppie in New York while I was asking for directions

“You have to ask the tourist assistance counter” – from a very compartmentalized Grand Central Station information employee when I asked how to go to ground zero

“You have to ask the information counter” – from a very compartmentalized Grand Central Station tourist assistance employee when I asked how to go to Path Station (which was located at ground zero)

“You’re going to buy your wife a Coach purse? Oh, that’s so sweet.” – from a 50-ish sales lady cum cashier at Saks Fifth Avenue in Torrance, CA

Tip for the day: Don’t be afraid to ask questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment