Monday, February 26, 2007

My tip to the newly married couple : C.U.R.E


My only sister got married last Saturday. The groom and I have a number of things in common; he's a Tarlaqueno, a Bosconian, loves cars and basketball, about the same height and physique. It was a beautiful wedding, en grande in Tarlac’s standards: very organized, cool venue, great food and well attended. It helped that my sister works for the Coconut Grill Resort in Capas, Tarlac where the reception was held. The venue is very memorable for me as this was where I surprised my parents 10 yrs ago and told them that I was going to get married. There were guests who came from Tarlac, Laguna, Metro Manila and a number of US based relatives. It was also a "show of force" because of the local politicians who attended the affair: Tarlac Gov Aping Yap & VGov Bogs Aganon, Board Member Amado Go and Pura Tarlac Mayor Boying Sawit who are close friends of my parents even before they joined politics. Here's my message to the couple:

To my little sister Boopie, I still remember the when you were 17 years old and you first told me that you had a boyfriend, it came as a surprise to me and I realized that my little sister is now a little girlfriend. You are now almost 31 years old and officially married. Thank God! We were worried that you idolized Lola Bukid and Lola Ondek so much that you wanted to be a spinster.

To my younger brother Mark, welcome to the family. This may seem like a small family but let me assure you it’s one BIG family. You actually married four barangays; Barangay Soliman, Brgy. Gococo, Brgy. Pasion and Brgy. Lacsamana.

To Mark & Boopie, there is no such thing as a perfect marriage. My wife can attest to that. From a 10 year veteran in marriage, my tips can be summed up in C.U.R.E. The acronym C.U.R.E. means COMMUNICATION, UNDERSTANDING, RESPECT and ENCOURAGEMENT. Congratulations and Best Wishes!

1 comment:

  1. I salute you...Idol! Dapat nga magturo ka!

    ReplyDelete