Monday, May 28, 2007

The GIANT comeback


I'm back on the saddle after over a year of dormancy. My first mountain bike ride this year last Sunday was a 30+ kilometer 80% off road over lots of single tracks in Brgy. Sampu, Tarlac. My ride buddy was Joey Mendoza who I've ridden with a couple of times in the past. In fact, I bought my second bike - a Schwinn Moab hard tail from him years ago.

I intend to actively go back to riding my mt. bike. I used to ride 60kms a week when I was still based in Pampanga. We’d ride every weekend even up to 3 times a week. Then every quarter, we'd go on out of town rides like in Montalban Rizal, Mt. Samat Bataan and Dueg San Clemente Tarlac.

I started mt. biking in 1996. It's been my ultimate stress reliever, gives me a break from work. That I get a big work out is just a plus. The most important impact of mt. biking for me is that it let's me be myself. Let the riding begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment