Saturday, May 05, 2007

SPIDERMAN 3 : Three’s a crowd


In New York, there is this pace, a feel. The audience knows they are really in New York – you can see it.” Ari Arad, Marvel Studios Chairman and CEO

I watched Spiderman 3 last May 3 at Glorietta 3. I'm not the movie buff type and am actually trying to avoid writing a movie review because my view in watching a movie is like eating - not everybody likes Chinese food. I'm writing this just to atone with Mr. Arad and to highlight the fine lines in the movies.

This trilogy is my first Spidey movie post US trip where I had the chance to see the Big Apple. While watching, I saw the Bow bridge and Flat Iron bldg. The Bow bridge is what Mary Jane Watson referred to as "Meet me at the bridge" which is located in Central Park, NY. The Flat Iron bldg. is where the Daily Bugle was housed.

In Spider 1, who can forget the line "With great power comes great responsibility." In this 3rd installment, the super arachnid is faced with 3 kontra-bidas (nemesis) and they are: New Goblin, Sandman and Venom. The quotable quote for me would be the line by Flint Marko a.k.a. Sandman delivered towards the end of the movie "I'm not asking you to forgive me, I just want you to understand."

The movie Spiderman 1 was good, the second one was better and the third one is so far the best. I have to find a superlative to describe the fourth edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment