Monday, July 09, 2007

Seven Seven Seven


For some people, 7 is a lucky number and not 8. Last Saturday, the date was July 7, 2007 expressed 7/7/07 and everybody was scrambling to have a special event in their lives so the date will be forever etched in their memorabilia. San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker wed Desperate Housewives star Eva Longoria in Paris that day. My cousin Bubbles’ son Kenzo was baptized that day and I was one of the godparents. Aside from the baptism, 7/7/07 was a typical day for me.

The number 7 is my favorite number. This is not because I am a big fan of Robert Jaworski, his choice of number and mine are just coincidental. I am also not a fan of ex-Calauan Mayor Antonio Sanchez who was obsessed with the number seven- from his house number, the number of flights in his stairs, his cars, etc. I hope he got 7 life sentences for committing a heinous crime. I wonder if his son won as mayor of their town last election?

My semi-obsession with the number 7 extents to the cellular phone number that my wife used to have (0918-8227777) during the analog days. Now that we’ve gone digital almost a decade ago, we’ve changed her number to her favorite number. Then there’s our next car’s plate number. Initially, I thought of spending P30,000 to get a CRV 777 plate number then realized it might just be a waste of money plus the trouble you have to go through to get that number so I just decided to get a “sandwich” plate number like 787 or 757 and just shell out P2,500. Hope to get that by next month.

Okay. So there are days when you have difficulty connecting your thoughts and you just dabble and write anything that comes to mind and hopefully it reaches 500 words. It’s 11PM 7/8/07 and I’m a bit sleepy. Time to park my pen or rather park the keyboard (and mouse). Good night.

PS: By the way, my blog entry reached 1,777 characters! How’s that for coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment