Saturday, June 12, 2010

Black Folding Umbrella


Osaka, Japan. When I was a teenager, mother used to remind me often to always bring a jacket and an umbrella. During my younger days, an umbrella wasn't thought to be cool. It probably still isn't to a teener. But to a thirty-ish practical like man like me, a "payong" is a necessity. I actually don't give a hoot what people think as long as I don't get sick.

Enough said. Now let me tell you about my over 5 year old well travelled black folding umbrella. I know I bought it in the Philippines but the name of the store escapes my mind right now. It has accompanied me almost every rainy day and a staple in my trips to the US (2X), SG (2X), MY, ID and JP.

One of its support is already broken. I think it has outlived its useful life and now time to retire. Then again, an adhesive only cost 50 pesos so I might as well repair it and extend its life. That's the practical side of me talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment