Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Wealthy You Month!


The company declared that March is Wealthy You Month! They invited financial guru J-Randell Tiongson, RFP to share his thoughts and improve our financial literacy. While I’ve read ALL his articles published in Money Sense magazine over a period of 3 years and found them interesting and helpful, I was a bit disappointed when I attended the seminar because that night, he was apparently energized and was in a jovial mood. He was extremely funny but I did not attend the seminar to be regaled by stand up comedienne instead was looking to improve on my financial knowledge.

At any rate, here are some of the items that I picked up during the seminar:

Stages in Life
(1) Getting Started 22 to 35
(2) Growing Family 30 to 45
(3) Children in College 40 to 55
(4) Trapped in the Job 50 to 65
(5) No Income 65 up.

6 Steps to Smart Start
(1) Establish Financial goals and plan for getting there.
(2) Separate needs from wants.
(3) Create a monthly spending plan.
(4) Start saving and bank wisely.
(5) Stay on top of your loan obligation.
(6) Use credit wisely.

Despite my experience, I will still continue to read his articles but probably avoid attending his seminars. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment