Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Breeze Through


It’s June 1, 2010 today. It’s been 5 full months since I last posted an entry. With a brand new responsibility, my 5th in the last 4 years and my 2nd this year alone, I’m back to the “learning phase.” Unfortunately for me, “learning phase” is an unacceptable phrase in this part of town and it’s expected that as if you’ve been doing the role for the past decade. I have some serious catching up to do reason why my blogging had to take a back seat.

1. Cuts like a Knife
I went through a life changing process in January. No, I did not undergo a sex transplant as I'm happy with my sexuality. While it was not my choice to go under the knife it was necessary to further extend my expiry date.

2. Jumping Jobs
January 1, 2010 marks my 6th responsibility in the company. While this is good because it minimizes stagnation, I'm always in the learning stage. Just when I was feeling my way in my new role, I was called again in February week 3 to handle my 7th role. Hence, my 6 week stint was the shortest tenure in a group.

3. Birthday Boy
Two more years before I hit the big FORTY. In March, I turned 38 years old. I am relatively still considered young by majority of the population and will be a kid forever in the eyes of my parents, uncles and aunties. Will I have the budget to celebrate my 40th in a big way? We will see.

4. Quindecennial
Just 3 days after my birthday, I celebrated yet another landmark - my 15th year in the company. Fresh out of college, I joined ths company because I wanted to have experience and the company seemed interesting enough. Fast forward in 2010, the gamble paid of. This is what you call being in the right place at the right time.

Thanks to technology for providing my bread and butter, for extending my life and for allowing me to update my blog using my phone and uploading it online, wirelessly. Life is great !

No comments:

Post a Comment