Wednesday, November 17, 2010

BAI'S BRIDE FROM BACOLOD

Last July 17, 2010, I received an sms from a college friend Dean. The sms says “Everybody’s invited on my wedding with Ris on Nov. 13, 2010 in Bacolod City. Hope to see you there. Fyi, Cebu Pacific is offering promo until July 19. Pls. reply so I know you got this.” My thoughts after reading that sms is that I wouldn’t miss it for the world. Finally after almost 4 months, I'm writing this blog entry about the trip to Bacolod, the wedding and the LSC reunion.



TRIP TO BACOLOD
It was my family and I's first time in Bacolod City, Negros Occidental. We flew in last November 13 via Cebu Pacific with some friends and checked in at L’Fisher Hotel. Lunch was in Manukan Country courtesy of one of Dean’s wedding principal sponsor. Just before we left Bacolod last November 14, we had a city tour which covered the following places: Colegio San Agustin, University of St. La Salle, Provincial Capitol and the Capitol Lagoon. The last stop before going back to the hotel was 888 Chinese Mall for some pasalubong.



THE WEDDING
I hope my friend declared to his beautiful wife that he had many girlfriends in the past and made sure to highlight that he only married one . The wedding was held at Queen of Peace Parish Church along Hilado St. The uniquely shaped church was a photographer's dream and it was further accentuated by the floral arrangements. The reception was held at L'Fisher Hotel along Lacson St., the City’s main street. It was an "en grande" both in Bacolod and Manila standards. I lack the proper skill in estimating wedding expenses but I reckon they could have bought a brand new car with the wedding expense.



LSC REUNION
It's always fun attending reunions. We just don't get tired of reminiscing and reliving the name calling. Present were 1- Banong, 2- Tyanong a.k.a. Butch Dacanay, 3- Carlo Tiuks, 4- Carlo Bab, 5- Brian Black, 6- Papa Dom, 7- Tony Pana, 8- Gene Chonggo, 9- John Yo!, 10- Jumping Jay and 11- DyLac a.k.a. Benny Ang. The reunion this time was more special because it was out of town and out of the island of Luzon. Dean's friends came from all over the Philippines: Metro Manila, Dipolog City, Davao City and Angeles City, Pampanga.

No comments:

Post a Comment