Thursday, November 18, 2010

CAR CHOICES…INSPIRED BY FLASH FORWARD


Assuming the date today is July 1, 201X, one month before our due date to replace the company car plan, my car options would be the ff:
(1) Hyundai Sonata Theta II GLS 2.4 6AT
(2) Mitsubishi ASX Active Sports Crossover 2.0L GLS 4X2 AT
(3) Subaru Impreza 2.0L R-S AT

Without factor rating, coming up with a decision would be extremely difficult since the 3 choices all have our requirements. After subjecting it to factor rating, it becomes a bit clearer as the choices are down to 2. This can be decided by using a decision making tool called "toss coin." Here’s the result of the factor rating:



CONCLUSION: Either Sonata or ASX would be a good choice. Since I can’t bring home both, I’d probably go for the ASX. No, I’d go for the Sonata. The ASX, the Sonata. The ASX, the Sonata. The ASX, the Sonata. Sheesh, a 0.37 difference presents a complex decision making.

If I go for the Sonata, the cons include:
(1) Ground clearance will be a limitation hence a disadvantage during the rainy season.
(2) The H badge. Am I really ready to invest in a Korean car?
(3) After 5 years (or 10), resale value will be below a same class Toyota (Camry) or Honda (Accord).
(4) If the company will allow me to get a mid sized sedan.

If I go for the ASX, the cons include:
(1) After 5 years (or 10), resale value will be below a same class Honda (CRV) or Toyota (Fortuner).
(2) No back up sensor.
(3) The sub compact SUV has a small cargo capacity.

Since I’m just dreaming, I’ll probably get a red Mitsubishi ASX if today were July 1, 20X.

No comments:

Post a Comment