Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Double or Nothing!


When I was in college, I read a book which was specifically for teenagers about setting personal goals. You must center your efforts, skills & competence building and actions towards the attainment of your objective. When I was in my teens, a goal that I set was to be the Mayor of Tarlac when I reach 40 years old. I’ll be 40 in 6 years time and I don’t see myself close to that goal at least financially. There are also other factors I have in mind that makes me say that the goal is unrealistic at this point. But who knows, funny as it may seem, I might just give a shot at it in Y2013!

I’m setting a more realistic personal goal, that by Y2010 our supplemental earnings should be equivalent to my monthly salary. As of this writing, one supplemental source of income is the agri-farm in Tarlac which merely gives around 5% of my current salary. At least, it’s better than zero. How do I plan to achieve my new goal? Through small business franchises, partnership with friends or relatives, maximizing existing resources and trading. Too general for the reader? Check my laptop, the details are all there. The question now is if the ideas will work. Then again, I wouldn’t know if it will work if I don’t try.

Just in case my superior reads my blogsite: Don’t worry boss, I won’t let my performance down. And I know better than not using the resources of the company to meet my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment