Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Love ko Busko


I have a statement shirt that says “Love ko Busko.” I like it so much that I gave my father and all my uncles the same shirt. I just hope they won’t wear it at the same time lest it be mistaken as a family reunion shirt. The shirt was probably copied from the Bench shirt collection with “Love ko Bench” printed on it.

Busko is a street name for Don Bosco where I finished my elementary and high school. I should have received a loyalty award for that achievement. Anyway, I have a conduct award and perfect attendance award to boast. Being a Bosconian is in the family. My father, uncles, cousins, brothers-in-law are all Bosconians. That can be attributed to the fact that in Tarlac City where I grew up, there are only a handful of good school and arguably Don Bosco was the best. I used the word WAS because I heard that Tarlac Montessori, Bayanihan Institute and College of the Holy Spirit (yes, that exclusive girls school opened its doors to male students) are giving DB a run for their money.

Personally, I still believe in the Don Bosco system that’s why when it was time to choose a school for my son, Don Bosco was a unanimous choice. When we got married, we made sure that the officiating priest was a Salesian. When I need a padrino because of a problem that beset me this year, we turned to a Salesian priest. Don Bosco and the Salesian community will always be a part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment