Saturday, January 27, 2007

Possession Obsession


My daughter is fixated with cats. She likes to play cat around our place and say meow. She can do that practically the whole day. She'd say "I'm not a MC, I'm a cat." On the other hand, my son is obsessed with cows. While he does not mimic a cow nor say moo to us, he has a collection of cow paraphernalia; a mug, picture frame, candle, t-shirt, throw pillow, pencil case, stuffed and plastic cow toys. Just like most women, my wife is obsessed with shoes and handbags. She can last more than a week without changing shoes and handbags. I'm obsessed with cars and mountain bikes. If the topic of a conversation was about cars or bikes, the discussion would be endless.

Everybody should have a form of obsession. Obsession in moderation presents as an alternative, a stress reliever, a temporary respite from the routine, a form of relaxation. What is your obsession?

No comments:

Post a Comment