Monday, December 03, 2007

Mother's Know Best


My two EXes are past president of their school dance club. As a company manager, we get to present during functions and it's usually a dance number. I love to listen to songs with danceable tunes. All these suggest that I am a good dancer - NOT!

I was once invited to join a dance competition in our town during my teenage years. My mother did not allow me then and I felt bad. I didn't know if I was a good dancer but my partner would be a high school crush so back then, it was all that matters.

Two decades after that incident, it's crystal clear to me what my mother's intention was - that she wants to protect her son from imminent humiliation. I don't need any further proof and embrace the fact that I'm not cut off for dancing. I've realized that more than 10 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment