Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Top Ten Alpha SMS shortcuts


The Philippines is known as the ‘text capital of the world’. Another lingo that was created as a result of the texting generation is making waves. It’s probably a result of katamaran and cutting short every word in a phrase like instead of texting “See you later” the text lingo will read “C U L8R.” Here are the top ten alpha SMS shortcuts according to dylac.

LOL – Laughing Out Loud. Funny, all the while I thought it meant ulol, a tagalog word meaning demented.
ASL – This is the invaluable Age, Sex and Location which every internet generation person knows.
PLAK – Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean a tooth bacteria. It simply means “Please Acknowledge” which is mostly used in the office.
GAM – Good AM or good morning.
GPM – Good PM or good evening.
BFN – Bye For Now
TBAK – No, it does not refer to a thong which men crave about but means “Text Back.”
TKS – If you have not figured it out, it simply means “Thanks.”
AFAIR – Frankly, I had a hard time figuring that out. I means “As Far As I Know” and I got it from an officemate with initials AYT.
AYT – May mean 2 things for me and my officemates as one of our co-manager’s initial is AYT but the common tao understands it as simply “Alright.”

No comments:

Post a Comment