Sunday, January 11, 2009

Mother's New Ride


Mother's New Ride

Finally we were able to sell my parents 98 Toyota Corolla GLi. Bought in 2004 via a vehicle swap deal (for a 1994 Mitsubishi Lancer EL) with a car dealer who was trying to pull one on me. The Corolla provided my parents service for a year before they moved to the US. My little sister and her family then used the trusty Toyota sedan until it was purchased in November 2008.

My parent's 6th vehicle replacement in the Philippines is a 2004 Toyota Revo Sports Runner. I'd say it was a good deal as we got the AUV for less 20% of the selling price. The proceeds from the Corolla sale plus funds from my mother's savings was used to purchase the vehicle. The odometer reads 67,000 kilometers, relatively unused for a 4 year old vehicle. An average vehicle uses 20,000 kilometers per year. The two toned (white and silver) Revo has an automatic transmission, power windows, power side mirrors and central locking system.

The car is good for at least 5 years with proper use and maintenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment