Sunday, January 11, 2009

Goodbye Giant, hello Trek!


December 28, 2008

Sold!!!

I sold my 2003 Giant NRS full suspension (FS) mountain bike frame for a mere P10K today. I’m getting a 2008 Trek 8500 hard tail (HT) frame. I’m back to a rigid hard tail after 5 years on a FS frame. The decision to “downgrade” is because of economics. I would really like to get a 2008 Santa Cruz Superlight (my dream frame) but is cost $1,000 (a little under P50K) but it’s not wise at the moment plus our financial status can’t support the purchase. The new blazing red HT frame cost P15K so I need to shell out just 5 grand for the upgrade or downgrade depending on how you look at it. In the mountain bike world, the natural progression is an upgrade from a HT to FS not the other way around. Oh well, I really don’t mind the downgrade. I’ll still get my dream frame in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment