Friday, April 10, 2009

Opportunity on a Mishap


Focal Length: 28mm / Taken from Mt. Luho view deck (the highest pt in Boracay)


Focal Length: 300mm / Taken from Mt. Luho view deck (the highest pt in Boracay)

I learned last week just a day before our Boracay trip that our Nikon 18-55mm kit lens is not functioning properly. The lens has two modes - automatic and manual focus however only the AF mode is malfunctioning. What great timing! I didn't want to go to a family trip with an uncooperative equipment so I was off to a camera shop. The knight in shining armor is called Zoom Digital Walker in Greenbelt 5. They carry multi brands - Nikon, Canon, Sigma, Tokina, Tamron, et al.

My choices were a Sigma 18-135mm with HSM and OS or a standard Tamron 28-300mm lens. My unexpected expense cost me an arm and a leg but the trip was priceless so I had an I- MUST-HAVE-A-NEW-LENS attitude. Sabi nga ng aking may bahay, parang bumili ka lang ng baterya sa kanto. That was funny.:) I had the future of my photography hobby in mind so I choose the old school Tamron 28-300mm zoom lens.

I'm in Boracay as I handwrite this piece and I have no regrets on the purchase. The new toy is serving its purpose to the hilt. I got what I paid for so you can call me one happy Tamron customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment