Tuesday, August 15, 2006

USA Trip Day 7 / May 17, 2006 Wednesday


“Say Ah!” Picture taken at the Shark Encounter at San Diego Sea World. Celine took the day off and showed me around San Diego. We went to the church where Celine & her cool hubby Rich got married. The church is Mission Basilica San Diego de Alcala founded in 1769. An 18th century church that is well maintained!!! In our country, 20th century churches don’t even come close to maintenance. Afterwards, we went to Sea World. Yes, we saw Shamu. In fact, we saw Shamu 1, 2, 3, 4… I’ve heard of Shamu since I was young but I realized that Shamu is what they call a Killer Whale. I took the Amtrak train called the Pacific Surfliner from La Jolla to Irvine (that’s about an hour) and was met by Uncle Pong Lacsamana. We had dinner at a mall with my cousins Jason and Tim who I haven’t seen in nearly 10 years. Uncle Pong was right, his two travel tips are: 1- pack lots of stories and 2- plan your itinerary but be satisfied if you hit 50% of the sites that you targeted.

No comments:

Post a Comment