Saturday, August 18, 2007

New Job, Old Company


It’s official, I have a new job in our existing company. My permanent job starting August 1 is called New Business & Global Support and Special Project. I shall continue my temporary job called Project Customer Relationship Management and Kenan (It’s a bit long so I renamed it Project CK One Team) until first quarter of Y2008. I don’t have a name for my new responsibility yet. I was thinking of naming it G&B team for easier recall. G&B? J&B? For my fellow whiskey lovers, J&B should have a strong recall because of the famous scotch whiskey. Although it maybe a bit infamous for women especially married because the act of drinking tends to steal precious time from family.

Now about my new job…It sounds exciting – New Business & Global Support and Special Projects. The exciting part ends after reading the title because I have to set up the group from ground up. I’m looking at 12 month to 24 months before we deliver results but I know that’s not realistic and in fact goes against the company’s culture of delivering results. Hence, I have to do a Harry Houdini and deliver results in 4 months time! Or at most 10 months. That’s my personal challenge. And what do I get if I deliver? Hopefully, a GC from SM.

Postscript: My new team’s acronym is GBS. It may mean Giorgio Brutini Shoes or Group B Streptococcus Screening or God’s Bible School but it really means New Business & Global Support and Special Projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment