Sunday, August 26, 2007

Photography...Not!


Somebody recently said that I don't have the license to use the word photography (as a hobby) since I am not good at it. Well it is partly true. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say my skill level is at 5 or 6. Ika nga ni Joe Pring, madami ka pang kakaining bigas.

I'd like to think that I've moved to level two with my purchase of an entry level SLR and the almost 1000 shots that I've logged. This type of skill is not learned overnight. It is analogous to wine- the aging process is the key factor. I recently got hold of materials from generous sources, photography books from a fellow camera buff, Tita Liza Flores. She was doing spring cleaning and came across circa 80s book and instead of disposing them, gave them to me. That's a good example of "one man's thrash is another man's treasure."

A perfect blend of theory and application should do the trick and my skill level will increase in time. Now, as I progress, I’d like to share shots which I think are extraordinary. The timing is just right because my blogging (especially the long entries) may take a back seat because of the work load that my new job requires. Less words, more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment