Saturday, August 18, 2007

Survey says! 15 out of 400


Majority of Pinas' population are dreaming of owning a BMW X5 and I'd probably be first on the list. An X5 cost in the neighborhood of P5 million.

Today, the Pinas government will trash a P5 million beauty in line with their "E smuggle mo, sirain ko" program. The program title is my own concoction but the concept is completely theirs. What a waste of resource. The government can sell that at half the price and there would still be takers. If I had P2,5 M in disposable income, I'd join the bidding. I reckon I can easily sell that for P3 M even after a year or two. Then again I can keep it and thereby increasing by tenfold my pogi points.

Per DZMM radio announcers Anthony Tabernas and Gerry Baja, the 15 imported vehicles that will be burned today is part of the 400 smuggled rides that will be improperly disposed. The lot contains other high end cars like a Lincoln Navigator, a BMW 3 series, a Mitsubishi Pajero and the balance being mortal cars Toyota Hiace, Nissan Terrano and Chevy Astrovan.

Now talking about a wasted resource, placing the X5 for auction which will probably equate to P2,5 M in income. This income can be used to pay our country’s debts (though figure is measly and won’t even cause a dent in our IOUs.), build 10 classrooms, build 3 health centers, a small bridge and a host of other benefits. But NO! The game plan is to burn these potential income generators to teach smugglers a lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment