Friday, June 06, 2008

Animal Kingdom


If we consider the natural environment as a basis for quality of life, my vote would go to the US. There's nothing like living in unison with nature. During my 2 week trip to the US, I had the chance to see the following animals which we would only see at the zoo in Pinas:

1. TURTLE - The turtle was crossing a county road so I had to stop lest I be fined for crushing the poor thing. He was moving from one lake to another and it so happen that the street separated the two lakes.
2. SQUIRRELS - These cute little creatures were everywhere - mall parking lots, in my aunt's front yard at the hospital waiting area. It was actually my first time to see a squirrel. Don't think there are squirrels in Pinas, only squeallers.
3. WILD DUCKS - This is odd. I saw brown and black colored wild ducks in a public park. They were basking in the sun. Lucky ducks! In Pinas, they would have been served for lunch or dinner. Roast duck rice topping. Yum! Yum!
4. SNAKE - Ok, so I am not fond of snakes and this goes for 80% of the human race. When I saw a black 2 feet snake in my parent's front yard, I wanted to call 911. But the broomstick did the trick so I got it out of my sight.
5. PELICAN - Imagine a bird the size of a goose but glides like an eagle. The first time I saw a pelican was in Sea World and had to pay US$20 for the entrance fee. Had I known I could see one in my aunt's front yard, then I would have skipped Sea World.
6. DEER - It was 5am and we were cruising about 60 MPH and had to slow down because Santa's deer where gazing. It was a bit too late for a midnight snack and too early for breakfast. No wonder there was a "Deer Crossing, Slow Down" sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment