Monday, June 09, 2008

Asian Tour Day 7: The Orchard Road, May 24


Our City Tour was still in effect but we opted not to use it anymore and instead decided to explore Orchard Road. I acted as the “advance party” as I decided to leave the hotel early to do some chores such as – mailed postcards to my parents, my in laws and my superior (Funny, it was a Malaysian postcard mailed in Singapore.), buy some groceries, transfer pix from my camera to another memory card, check out Smart Pinoy Center in Lucky Plaza and look for Takashimaya S.C. (Shopping Center). It was raining cats and dogs in the morning and it was just right that I went ahead and checked out where we can pass without getting wet.

Afterwards, I went back to the hotel, checked out then my family and I were off to SG’s most prominent street – Orchard Road. Lunch was at the Takashimaya foodcourt while dinner was at McDo. More shopping today for clothes particularly Bossini since the prices where rock bottom compared to Pinas. Not much pictures taken today as I’ve already taken almost 2000 pictures during our 7 day trip. BTW, 2000 is not an exaggeration as I consumed 2 full 2 GB cards using my SLR digicam. Taking pictures is the cheapest form of tourist memento hence I’m investing on it. My motto: any figure close to zero without loosing the quality is always the best option. I have everything planned in my mind – landscape pix using flickrs.com, portrait pix using friendster.com and combo pix and stories using blogger.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment