Sunday, March 08, 2009

Photo My Firsts


In February, I joined Smart Photo Club since it was a pre-requisite for me to join the Mount Pinatubo adventure trip. Not that I didn’t want to join the club but I had reservations on the club requirements which I may not be able to fulfill because of my new job responsibility which started only January 2009. Anyway, I really wanted to see Pinatubo so that paved the way for me to be part of the club.

My First Photo Contest
One of the requirements of the photo club was to join a monthly photo contest. A monthly theme was set and for the month of February, the theme was “In the eyes of a worm.” The basic idea was to take pictures from the lowest point on the ground. One of my fave angles is called upskirt and it is somewhat similar to the requirement for the month in fact I had a database of pictures that may fill in the requirement. I submitted my entries before the February week 3 Mount Pinatubo climb.

My First First Place win
And the first place goes to…DyLac! I got a text from the club prexy saying that I won First Place. I didn’t expect it as I submitted an entry because of the requirement and not because I wanted to win. The winning shot was taken in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia during our family trip in April 2008. The subject was, you guessed it – Petronas Twin Towers! Though it was not the typical Petronas shot and looking at the picture, you may not have guessed that the subject was the tallest twin tower in the world. I took the picture around 9:00PM freehand (without a tripod) almost lying down.

Aside from the bragging rights, the win came with a Starbucks Gift Certificate and an inspiration to join the monthly contest and gun for the win.

1 comment:

  1. Mount Pinatubo is definitely a must for every photographer.

    For Mount Pinatubo adventure treks and other tours, please visit Philippines Adventure Travel and Destinations at www.e-philippines.com.ph or call (02) 707.9001

    ReplyDelete