Thursday, March 26, 2009

Subs Prime Crisis



I'm not talking about the crisis besetting the U.S.A. which is expected to ripple down to our country but the caprice crisis that I'm currently facing - what subwoofer to get for the CIV?

SUBS WHAT?!?!
A subs is not a sandwich with all the healthy stuff. A subs is not a shortcut for a subscriber or a submarine. It's a shortcut for a speaker called subwoofer whose main job is to deliver the bass. In pinoy lingo, bayo.

SO ANO NGA?
I have four choices in mind varying in price, dimension, RMS and brand name. First is an RF PUNCH P2 12in + enclosure. Ths can be purchased in G-Force, Raon, Manila for p4,6k. Second is a Blaupunkt 1002t at C34x4.com that sells for p4,5k. Third on the list is a RF PUNCH P2 loaded enclosure at Mickey's Autosound that sells for p8,7k. Last on the list is a Kicker Comp TC 10 that sells for P6,7k also at Mickey's.

PROs and CONs
1- RF PUNCH P2 12in + enclosure
PRO
cheap
will deliver d punch
CON
looks cheap
a bit big hence will eat trunk space.

2- Blaupunkt 1002t
PRO
old school name brand
relatively cheap
CON
low RMS
not knwn to make good subs

3- RF PUNCH P2 loaded enclosure
PRO
It's an RF PUNCH, nid I say more
Do i hv to justify Jordan's performance in the NBA?
CON
quite expensive (for the price i can get a subs and an amp)
real big

4- Kicker Comp TC 10
PRO
ultra slim (perfect size)
Kicker brand known for quality subs
CON
low RMS
a bit expensive.

Thought I'd have a clearer picture after I write down my options but as it turns out, I am now more confused. I better consult the experts.

No comments:

Post a Comment