Sunday, March 08, 2009

What's in your Plate?



I recently discovered an interesting service by the government agency Land Transportation Office. They have a slew of text based information from checking driver’s license to license plates. What caught my attention was LTO VEHICLE plate number check. I've always been fascinated by plate numbers and what they represent to the owner. I'd go for personalized plates if we had the budget but for now a representation of a family member's birth date would suffice.

What You See
The text format is LTO VEHICLE Plate Letter and Plate Number then send to 2600 e.g. LTO VEHICLE TJF149. The output will be like this: Plate no: TJF149/ Make: Mitsubishi/ Model: Galant/ Year: 1993/ Color: gray/ Registered last 09/22/2008,has no LTO apprehension, has no LTO alarm. P2.50/text. For LTO Online transactions, log on to: https://go.lto.net.ph. X01

Interesting Finds
Among the interesting finds include ONE234 registered to a 2001 BMW 316i sports sedan, HMR777 registered to a 1996 HUMMER mighty SUV(I think I saw this vehicle already before somewhere in Angeles City, Pampanga) and BMW320 registered to a 1991 BMW 320i which is actually a giveaway.

Now here’s the clincher, I checked the plate which bears my initials and my birthday and it’s already registered to a 1997 Owner Type Jeep color red. So much for class.

No comments:

Post a Comment