Saturday, March 31, 2007

Hult!


I got a pleasant surprise tonight (March 27) though not much what I had hoped for. I got an international call from a representative of Hult International Business school, based in Boston, MA and they were following up 'my application.' They said they reviewed my profile and it fits their requirement. They asked some questions like if I took my GMAT already and when I plan to take my MBA. I sensed that they were a bit disappointed when I told them in 3 to 4 yrs time. They said that tuition fee is $70,000 and I can apply for a loan if I have a US based relative.

I'm definite they got my name from the World Tour MBA exhibit and seminar which I attended in July last year. I was shopping for something to do and their newspaper ad lured me to check it out. The tour had about 14 exhibitors and one of them was Hult. They have an intense one year MBA program. A typical MBA class is composed of: South America 25%, North Asia 25%, Europe 20%, Southeast Asia 20%, North America 8% and Africa and Middle East 2%. One of their known alumnus include Moon Yong Kwon, the mayor of Gangnam district, Seoul, South Korea. They are top ranked one-year MBA in the USA ranked by the economist.

It sounds grand but the ultimate dream killer is the $70,000 (P3,5M) pricetag. They said you can apply for a loan but a loan is a financial obligation that you have to pay within an agreed timeline. I was hoping that the call was to tell me that I was qualified for their scholarship program. Earth calling DieSeL!

No comments:

Post a Comment