Sunday, March 04, 2007

A Taste of Macau in San Jose, Tarlac


We went to hear mass in San Jose, Tarlac today with my parents, my family and my sister's new family. The new place which was inaugurated last January 31, 2007 is called Monasterio De Tarlac, Servants of the Risen Christ Monastic Community located in Eco-Tourism Park, Brgy. Lubigan, San Jose, Tarlac. It is about 30 kilometers west of Tarlac city and 308 meters above sea level. It literally sits on top of a mountain.

The church reminds me of St. Dominic church in Macau which I saw in Y2005. St. Dominic is a baroque Filipino style church built by the Spanish Dominican friars in the mid 16th century. The facade, color of the exterior, the altar and the grounds surrounding the church justify the similarities. I hope they can maintain Monasterio de Tarlac as well as St. Dominic church. My I take my hat off to Gov Aping Yap! Seems like the good governor found his purpose in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment