Thursday, September 21, 2006

A Car Nut drives a Toyota Revo???


A car nut can be classified into 3 categories: 1- no financial capability, 2- limited financial capability and 3- unlimited financial capability. I fall under category number 2 but aim to be in category 3 anytime during my lifetime or at least in my dreams.

Since we have limited funds at the time of purchase (and until this day), we have to choose the most appropriate vehicle to fit our requirements hence the Toyota Revo GLX A/T. It’s a very functional car. Cost effective to maintain. Good re-sale value though we don’t have plans of selling it when it’s time to get a new one. I’m a minimalist so during the first week of the Revo, the emblems just had to go. Now, non car aficionados or car dummies bother to ask what type of car I’m driving because they always rely on the car emblem. Heck! I can tell them I’m driving a Toyota LC Prado and they’d probably believe it. Of course, that’s exaggeration to the Nth power.

In less than a year, it will be time to replace my trusty ol’ Toyota. We’re definitely going the SUV route and we’ve narrowed down our choices to 5 SUVs and these are Toy Fortuner G, 3rd gen Suzuki Grand Vitara, 3rd gen Honda CRV, Subaru Forester 2.0X and Hyundai Tucson. A factor rating that I prepared shows that the Fortuner is leading the way by a few points but Suzuki GV (3G) and Honda CRV (3G) are close behind. Oh well, I have 3 quarters to think about it.

If I belong to category no. 3 at this point in my life, my car stable will have a BMW X5, a Hummer H1, a 90s red Ferarri Testarossa and a BMW 325 for my lovely wife.

In the meantime, our Revo comfortably brings us from point A to point B.

Drive safely, mi amigo!

No comments:

Post a Comment