Thursday, September 14, 2006

USA Trip Day 18 / May 28, 2006 Sunday


More sight seeing! I always see in the internet and in package tours ads saying “See St. Augustine.” I often wondered where THAT place was and today, I would discover the beauty of this place in Florida called St. Augustine. From DeLand, it was nearly a 2 hour drive. My tour guides today were my aunties Aida and Suet. The sites to see in St. Augustine include: Fountain of Youth, Mission of Nombre de Dios, St. George’s Row (where you can find the oldest wooden schoolhouse in USA), Lighthouse Museum, Flagler College, Castillo de San Marcos, Ancient City Baptist Church and Lions Bridge. Aside from seeing the place, another highlight that day was lunch at Florida Cracker Cafe where they serve alligator meat. It tastes like chicken on steriods. Dinner was at a steakhouse near Daytona International Speedway. And balikbayans say that all they do in the Philippines is eat, eat and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment