Thursday, September 21, 2006

GIANT NRS is a real GIANT!


I got my GIANT NRS frame via a swap deal in Y2003. I am extremely happy with that move. My immediate project then was to copy the Y2002 NRS 1 set up in Giant Bicycles website and I’d like to believe my set up is at least 50% better part per part comparison. Simultaneous to that was the objective of keeping the bike under 28 lbs. The “world record” for the lightest NRS bike is a feather weight 24 lbs which I think is not trail worthy. I’ve been successful at keeping it at 28 lbs without sacrificing strength. A light bike is useless if you need to carry it home due to parts that surrender to the tough trails that it is exposed to. The bike is staying with me for a long time unless somebody offers to purchase it at a very irresistible price.

Ride on!

No comments:

Post a Comment