Tuesday, September 12, 2006

USA Trip Day 12 / May 22, 2006 Monday


Hi Mom! I saw my mother for the first time in 12 months. It was probably one of the most difficult decisions that they (my parents) had to make…at 50++ years old (a more polite term to near 60), they migrated to the US. To think they really didn’t have to because my sister and I were relatively doing well with our lives and my parents were living comfortably in Tarlac City, Philippines. Probably it was time to think about THEIR future. The rendezvous was Rockefeller Center near the skating rink. My mom was with Aunt Lulu, Uncle Dong and their classmates who they haven’t seen in years. I was a bit late since I was busy taking pictures. The meeting was short because I had a lunch date with high school friends myself. I saw Raciel Fermin, a very good friend since high school and we had lunch at Bula’s house in Scarsdale. It was really good to see Raciel and Bula. I am very happy that my friends from Tarlac City since high school are doing well in their chosen career and environment. Again it was a very short get together as I needed to go back to the city to rejoin my mother and proceed to New Jersey. Okay so my conclusion is 4 days in New York is bitin!! I could have stayed there for 2 weeks and would not get bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment